In this example we’ll pack some fonts into an .msi package that will be deployed to users via SCCM.
Get the Registry Settings
- Manually Install the fonts in question on your own PC (because it is easier to copy the registry entries).
- Launch RegEdit and expand to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
- Click FILE > EXPORT and save the file as some name you like
- Open the resulting .REG file with Notepad and remove all references to other font
Use the Freeware Version of Advanced Installer to Build and .MSI
- Download and install the freeware version of Advanced Installer then start itSelect NEW > INSTALLER > scroll down in the right window and select SIMPLE, then click the CREATE PROJECT button
- Enter a PRODUCT NAME and a COMPANY NAME if you wish
- Scroll down and select the DISABLE MODIFY check box – this is not required but might confuse users if it is left on
- From the left menu select INSTALL PARAMTERS and select the LIMIT TO BASIC USER INTERFACE checkbox
- From the left menu select FILES AND FOLDERS and expand TARGET COMPUTER > WINDOWS VOLUME > WINDOWS > FONTS
- From the top menu select FILES and select the fonts files
- From the top menu select IMPORT REG and point to the REG file you created in the GET REGISTRY SETTINGS section above
- From the top menu select FILE > SAVE AS and name your project what you like
- From the top menu select HOME tab, select BUILD and name your .MSI what you like